More Than Meets the Eye, True Stories about Death, Dying, and Afterlife covers many aspects of the dying and grieving process and sheds light on euthanasia, suicide, near-death experience, and spirit visits after the passing of a loved one. ___________________________________________

Thursday, December 4, 2008

My Walk-in Experience 1999

One night in December, during an emotionally heated argument with my husband, (we had never before expressed anger toward one another), I fell to the floor unconscious. I was out of body and could not respond to my husband or my daughter as they attempted to rouse me. I could hear them speak, but I couldn’t talk or will my body to move. I felt paralyzed. I knew that something spiritual was taking place. 

When I regained consciousness, I felt really strange. I didn’t feel like I was the same person. I was physically drained and weak, but I had courage and a resolve that I didn’t have before. That night, I slept in my son’s old room, calm and in control of my emotions. I got up at six o’clock the next morning, packed my bags and walked out on a 21-year marriage. 

As I went through the divorce and attempted to get on my feet financially, I felt like I was walking through a fog. I felt disconnected to everyone and everything. I tried to pray, but found that I could no longer intercede with the fervor and intensity that I had before. I had a difficult time trying to form words and make sentences because I couldn’t think straight. I thought it was just the stress and trauma of all I was going through. Maybe my nerves were shot, but why then, did I feel such a strength and deep knowing that everything was happening exactly as it was supposed to? 

I felt like I was being carried along by a current more powerful than my own strength. I just didn’t feel like my old self and my own family seemed like strangers to me. I remember wondering if I had died and came back as someone else! What I didn’t know until almost five years later, was that a new soul HAD walked into my body that night and took charge. This experience is called a “walk-in” or soul exchange. I had never heard of such a thing until I heard a lady sharing her walk-in experience. As she was talking, my body jerked and shuddered, and I felt a sense of "knowing" hit solid in my gut. The light bulb when on, and I knew that was what had happened to me. 

Later, I tried to talk myself out of believing something so weird, but I couldn’t help but ponder the probability that I might be living as a walk-in soul. I certainly didn’t mention it to anyone who could have me committed to a mental institution! It sounds strange, I know. I didn’t understand the phenomenon at first either, but if you think about it, the concept makes sense. One soul is ready to leave a healthy adult body for whatever reason, and another soul is ready to enter the earth plane. The new soul may begin its spiritual growth and planetary mission immediately without having to go through the infant and childhood stages of development.

Sometimes, the new soul is simply another part of the hologram of the original soul that vibrates at a higher frequency and has a more intense mission. The new soul will have to make adjustments to being in a body, and deal with the first soul’s old issues, as well as heal its wounds and resolve its karma. That is no easy task, but it is still much better than wasting a body through suicide! 

Had this experience not made such a huge and sudden impact on me, I wouldn’t have believed it was possible. Many aspects of my personality, interests, career and relationships changed drastically. For example, I was a musician who practiced as much as five hours a day before the episode. Afterward, I rarely touched the piano. Within one year I had completely changed my spiritual beliefs, divorced my first husband, married my present husband, started a new job that led me to begin my writing career. I have very few childhood memories, and the memories I do have are like watching myself on video or seeing myself in a photo, rather than as the one doing the action. These are common indications that a walk-in has occurred.

I interviewed Ray Brennan and Masomeh Fritz, the authors of a book about walk-ins titled The Legacy of the Chosen One. Ray and Masomeh are well-known in the field of metaphysical spirituality, with decades of experience between them. They also have a wealth of experience providing metaphysical workshops and lectures. Ray has been instructing for 27 years.

I would like to share this interview with you in tomorrow's post.

No comments: