More Than Meets the Eye, True Stories about Death, Dying, and Afterlife covers many aspects of the dying and grieving process and sheds light on euthanasia, suicide, near-death experience, and spirit visits after the passing of a loved one. ___________________________________________

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Spiritual Experiences

CeliaSue Hecht sent me an email about her experience with deceased loved ones. She gave me permission to share it with you, and I think you will find it interesting.

As a skeptical New Yorker, I thought the paranormal and spiritual (New Age, metaphysical), whatever your term/words are was a bunch of hooey... That is, until I started having experiences firsthand... Next thing you know, I was teaching and leading personal growth transformational seminars and workshops in Europe and California, land of the woo-woo, right....

Well, it took another few years and then I started having flashbacks (Shirley MacClaine) past life, reincarnation type experiences ... oh boy...

Then my father came through to me in a very vivid dream, during my divorce in 1996, it was a visitation, and I started having all kinds of woo-woo experiences and started doing psychic readings for others. As my gifts grew, the folks from the other side started talking to me, in dreams, in words, in visions, and even through music.

A recent experience: I was driving into Kings Canyon, Sequoia National Park. It was a beautiful warm sunny summer day. A song came onto the radio. And there were wildflowers everywhere, gorgeous colors. The song reminded me of an old boyfriend who had always wanted to show me wildflowers. And I wept because I knew this was his way of letting me know he was still around. (I found out last year that he had passed).

Another time, I was doing a writing class with an older woman. She kept talking about everything BUT writing, and any time I could get a word in to change the subject, she interrupted and kept up her monologue. At some point, I saw this young man, brown hair, in his 20's, who told me that he was her son and he had passed from AIDS. He was cracking jokes and finally, I asked her to verify what I was seeing and hearing. You would think that would have gotten her attention, but no, she kept right on. And she confirmed everything he told me about his name, and his dog. I spent the rest of the time listening to her and to him making me laugh. So you just never know who will come through and what they will say.

The first time I am aware of a loved one that I did not know in this life who came through and talked to me for awhile, was my grandmother who I was named after but she had died before I was born. Her name was Celia. She and I chatted while I was watching John Edward for the first time. I did not know who he was then. Funny that he, James van Praagh and I all come from the same vicinity, Queens, NYC.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For more information, you might enjoy reading the complete book More Than Meets the Eye True Stories about Death, Dying, and Afterlife available on Amazon.com.

No comments: