More Than Meets the Eye, True Stories about Death, Dying, and Afterlife covers many aspects of the dying and grieving process and sheds light on euthanasia, suicide, near-death experience, and spirit visits after the passing of a loved one. ___________________________________________

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Intimate Encounters With Death

When I took the quiz on page 72 of the Sixth Edition of Death, Dying, and Bereavement by Michael R. Leming and George E. Dickinson, I realized that I have had an intimate encounter with death many times and at an early age.

When I was just a child, my family and I would stop by the funeral home on the way to or from church to pay our respects when an elderly member of our church was lying in state at the funeral home. Viewing corpses was not uncommon or uncomfortable for me as a child and it doesn't disturb me now.

I remember seeing my maternal grandmother sitting at her mother's bedside when she was dying. I was thirteen at the time and I’m sure this influenced my view of the dying process and prepared me for my current situation. My mom is caring for her mother who is in the dying process.

What about you? Are you comfortable discussing death and dying? How intimate are you with death? Click here to take a survey. You may want to subscribe to the RSS feed for this blog or sign up for an email reminder (below) so you will know when I post the answers in a few weeks.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You might enjoy reading the complete book More Than Meets the Eye True Stories about Death, Dying, and Afterlife available on Amazon.com.

No comments: