More Than Meets the Eye: True Stories about Death, Dying and Afterlife authored by Yvonne Perry is for people who are facing challenges presented by bereavement. In the book you will find:
- Information to alleviate the fear of death
- Comfort for caregivers, friends and family of a person who is near the end of life, or has recently passed
- Understanding for those who have had a near-death experience and lived to tell about it
- Insight from Dr. Aaron Milstone, Medical Director of Vanderbilt University Medical Center's Lung Transplant Program about why physicians are ill-equipped to deal with death and are unable to comfort dying patients or their families
- Why people sense the presence of their loved ones near them during the funeral, graveside ceremony and in the days following
- Reasons we should address end of life issues with family members.
- Understanding emotions regarding sorrow, grief, loss and guilt
- How to tell if death is about to occur for a critically ill patient and how to assist a loved one in gently departing
- Dealing with the emotional devastation of a loved one's suicide and signs that indicate someone may be suicidal
- Discussion about euthanasia
There's also a legal copy of a Living Will, also known as an Advanced Healthcare Directive included in the book.