More Than Meets the Eye, True Stories about Death, Dying, and Afterlife covers many aspects of the dying and grieving process and sheds light on euthanasia, suicide, near-death experience, and spirit visits after the passing of a loved one. ___________________________________________

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Being an Empath When Catastrophe Occurs - Part Two

Yesterday I talked about the flood in Nashville and how it was affecting me as a Light Worker and empath. I was feeling depressed, confused, and frustrated. I thought it had something to do with being an empath and connecting with the collective consciousness of humanity—Nashville in particular— but I had resigned from that role (so I thought) many years ago and was no longer in the business of carrying other people's negative energy as my own.

To make matters worse, my writing business was taking a hit. The business had been flourishing all year and I actually had leads "flooding" in so fast and heavy that I was pushing to train and bring on new team members to help carry the load. After the Nashville flood, all leads instantly stopped. For three weeks not a single person requested my writing or editing services. I was shocked because this had not happened in years.

Trying to figure out why I was so down, only made the symptoms worse and I had no desire to get out of bed in the morning. I didn't want to go into my office and scramble for a lead. I sensed it was time for me to just rest, relax, and meditate to get clarity, but I had no desire to do anything but simultaneously eat, watch TV, and play games on my laptop. I had to be doing something to keep my mind from worrying about my finances, business, emotional and physical health. By then, I was completely off my healthy eating regime and was drinking a lot of alcohol trying to soothe my soul. I know those things never work to fill the void or revive the spirit, but depression like this causes one to lose track of reality or to just not care.

I'll pick up with my story where I left off as my husband, Randall Hawk, was about to perform Hands of Light (a technique taught by Barbara Ann Brennan) energy work on me.

Using a pendulum, Randall Hawk found that my second and sixth chakras were nearly closed. The second chakra is the center responsible for lower emotions, creativity, and the function of the reproductive organs. The sixth chakra is the center of celestial emotions, and houses the ability to carry out ideas. After he opened and restored balance to these energy centers, my emotions returned to normal by the end of the day. By Monday, I was cheerful, hopeful, joyful, and renewed. It's great to have a husband who is spiritually awake and aligned with my divine journey.

Today, I have clarity that my business is taking a shift similar to that of Nashville. It is running parallel to what is occurring in the spiritual realm. Old things are washed away, all things are becoming new. I have a renewed sense of purpose knowing that my business is moving toward me having more time and energy to pursue my spiritual path and incorporate that into my business endeavors. Tomorrow, I'll talk about two confirmations that I've received regarding this insight.



It could be more than a year before everything in Nashville is restored, but once complete, it will be better, newer, fresher, and more alive than it was before the flood. This catastrophe gave us a reason to appreciate one another more than ever, do our part for the environment, and get rid of clutter in our lives, homes, businesses, and to better pursue our spiritual journey. I find it amusing that I was working with a Nashville author, Tisha Morris, on her book launch for 27 Things to Feng Shui Your Home.  I had already thrown out, given away, rearranged, rebuilt, and reworked everything in our home and office by the time the flood came. I'm positioned for renewal.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: