More Than Meets the Eye, True Stories about Death, Dying, and Afterlife covers many aspects of the dying and grieving process and sheds light on euthanasia, suicide, near-death experience, and spirit visits after the passing of a loved one. ___________________________________________

Sunday, July 26, 2009

What Other Forms Do Our Loved One Take When They Visit Us?

Our non-physical loved ones don’t always appear in human form when they come to let us know they are okay. Sometimes they appear in disguise. Lisa Moran tells her story:

In the summer of 1991, I went on vacation at a macrobiotic health resort in Estes Park, Colorado. My one week vacation turned into two weeks, and then a sabbatical from work for a couple of months. I paid my way at the resort by keeping the books. By the end of the summer, I felt led to move to Colorado.

My consulting job was 100% travel, but my employer didn't accept my proposal to work from the Denver airport. So I quit. Over the next year, I became a certified Pilates instructor, opened a studio and began teaching Pilates strength and flexibility techniques to dancers and other residents in the Fort Collins area.

Randy was the choreographer for the local dance company. He had a tall, thin frame with dark hair and he had a distinct way of making ballet fun and playful. Randy participated in several Pilates mat classes at our studio and helped promote our business among the dancers. When I attended a performance of the ballet company, I was very impressed with Randy's choreography. As I became more integrated in the community I served on the Board of Directors and then became the Board President for the ballet. Randy and I worked together on several projects.

Colorado was far too cold for my liking and after a few years I moved to Phoenix, Arizona to warm up. I was saddened to learn that Randy had AIDS and was becoming ill. The ballet needed someone to train with Randy while he still had the ability to dance and mentor. The company received an application from a dancer/instructor in Phoenix, and called me to do a first interview. Oddly enough, the job candidate was named 'Byrd'. After passing my interview (I thought Byrd was delightful!) he was interviewed and hired by the ballet. Byrd moved to Fort Collins and started the job, but it was only a few weeks after his arrival when Randy died.

Byrd called me at 6 a.m. the next morning to tell me Randy passed on. As I left my house a few minutes later and drove slowly toward the stop sign at the end of my street, a dove swooped over the top of my car, down the windshield and across the hood, swaying from side to side with wings outstretched. He landed a few feet in front of my car and strutted to the side of the road. He then turned around and stared at me. I knew it was Randy telling me he was fine. Randy dancing in the after life.

I've heard from the Abraham-Hicks teaching that birds are easy for non-physical beings to manipulate and that many people will have visit from deceased loved ones in the form of a winged creature. My grandmother (who is over 101) told me a couple of years back that when she passes she will give me a message from the afterlife by presenting herself as white birds. Okay, grandma, this is Tennessee. I don't know how you're going to pull that one off, but I'm watching!

No comments: